Web Statistics

Monday 4 August 2014

How to Cope with Grief and Loss (of your loved ones)


You cannot prepared for what's coming to you or to your loved ones. Death is not something you can get away from it. Maybe you have toughen your heart, but when it happened, you just cry. Because when there's life, there's also death. You can celebrate life and grief for death.

You will blank for some reason, you cannot think what to do or say. Because some grief may come harder than the others. Grief for your dad or mom, your granny or your friend. You just have to deal with it.

First, it's okay to cry. Don't act your the tough ones. When someone dies, of course it's sad. Maybe you don't wanna cry in front of people. Then find some place to cry. Maybe the place you have memories of the person who die. 

Second, pray for the person who die. It's relaxing to pray and knowing that even after death you can still care for her/him. 

Third, get closer to friends or family. Because when the person who die is family member, it's soothing to have your family around you. It's the same if it's your friends. You can share memories, have a good laugh, and remember that you're not alone.

Fourth, focus on what's important. Like me, my dad had passed away just recently. It feels like a dream. After his death, I organized my life better. I see what is important in my life, what I need to do.

Fifth, get busy. It works every time I had bad things happened in my life. It's not good thing to do but it can ease my pain. Still you have to talk to somebody.

I hope that you can deal with your grief, your loss. I know it's hard when you see their picture, when you suddenly remember a memory about them. It's sad. You can be helped to feel sad at that time like that. But please don't feel that your life is over. There's people who deal with grief too. Like in my case, my mom, my sister, my aunts, and my uncles. We get together for 2-3 days, deal with our grief. We talked, laughed, and spent time together. It helps alot.

I know I am not a saint or someone that wise. But I have felt grief too. I hope you don't push people who love you and care about you. Because maybe you don't know that they deal with grief too. So take care of yourself and people around you. Thank you for reading this. It means alot. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment